Impact Measurement Training
As a non-profit you are the change makers of our world. You are the ones who are tirelessly working to create a positive impact. But, do you have the right skills to measure, and then communicate that impact?
Measuring your impact is crucial to non profits, especially in the area of fundraising, but it needn’t be a dry complex process or feel impersonal.
Our online training provides you with all the necessary skills and tools to measure your impact, as well as the language with which to communicate it to key individuals and groups, such as funders.
Using an evidence maturity framework, we can help you develop an approach which scales with your organisation and its projects. Full of practical advice, this step-by-step programme guides you through our 5 step impact measurement process from preparation, scoping and design to reporting and review.
You’ll come away with the skills and confidence to develop an impact measurement approach which is right for your organisation and measure what matters most to you and your stakeholders.
Our expert trainers have taken their face-to-face training content and adapted it to meet the increasing demand for online learning. Our experienced training staff, have created content to ensure your learning needs are met, whilst providing you with the flexibility of an online training course.
For further information, Contact Us.
What can you expect to learn?
At the end of this training you will:
- Understand the importance of measuring impact for your funders, organisation and beneficiaries.
- Have an evidence Maturity Framework to help you identify the right depth and rigour of impact measurement for your project.
- Follow our 5 step process of impact measurement
- Involving stakeholders
- How to identify what metrics to use and what data you need to collect including advice on developing questionnaires and surveys
- A look at the main ways you can measure impact including Before and After Studies, Experiments and Quasi-experiments.
- How to communicate your impact, and what to include in your impact report.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for anyone who runs an organisation, project or programme, who wants to be able to better understand, measure and communicate the impact they are having. Participants are often trustees, CEOS, project managers or other individuals working on change projects/programmes, who would like to be able to better measure the impact they are having in the world.
There are no pre-requisites, however, since we use a Theory of Change as a basis for impact measurement we strongly recommend you have one in place or take our Theory of Change training in conjunction with this one.
How it works
This training is delivered through 28 lessons combining instructional videos, examples, case studies, and self-reflection activities. These are all supported by AiA developed frameworks and tools.
Moving beyond learning to application, we provide you with the same planning and facilitation materials we use in our consulting practice, for you to run guided workshops within your own organisation with a step-by-step guide on how to use them.
The duration of the course is self-guided, with suggested pacing. Average time to complete is 6 weeks (part time) or 2-3 days intensive (full time). Access to all materials is available for six months from purchase.
- Impact Measurement: $499
- Impact Measurement and Theory of Change bundle: $699
We are able to offer discounts for micro-charities (<$150k) and for multiple bookings. To find out more, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*for EU states VAT may be applied to your purchase (Country dependent)
Who runs it?
Philippa is the founder of Analytics in Action. She has 10 years experience, specialising in using data to support transformations and facilitate change. Her experience includes:
- Creation of Theory of Change and Impact Measurement frameworks for non-profit organisations.
- Analysis and Evaluation workstream lead on a £1billion transformation programme for the public sector.
- Guiding small and medium sized organisations through challenging times.
Email the training team with any questions or queries you may have on our training courses using the Contact Form
Impact MeasurementIndividual course
Impact Measurement and Theory of Change2 course Bundle
Theory of Change
Limited spaces available