Theory of Change Training
As a non-profit you are the change makers of our world. You have a vision of the difference you want to make, but do you have a map for how to get there?
A Theory of Change can be just that map. This popular tool helps bridge the gap between your organisation’s activities and your desired impact. In this course, you will discover how to create your own Theory of Change. By crafting your organisation’s story, it takes the needs of your beneficiaries and challenges you to uncover the exact journey they will be going on to experience real and lasting change.
A good Theory of Change is a powerful tool that can be used to effectively communicate with your stakeholders, support you with your Monitoring and Evaluation and guide your plans and strategy for a bright and successful future.
Enrollment for our March registration is FULL. Registration is now OPEN for training commencing April 2021 (filling fast).
Our expert trainers have taken their face-to-face training content and adapted it to meet the increasing demand for online learning. Our experienced training staff, have created content to ensure your learning needs are met, whilst providing you with the flexibility of an online training course.
For further information, please Contact Us
What can you expect to learn?
At the end of this training you will:
- Understand what a Theory of Change is and when to create one.
- Know the difference between an output, outcome and impact.
- Feel confident in holding workshops within your organisation to develop a Theory of Change.
- Understand the key challenges in creating a Theory of Change and how to overcome them.
- Have access to multiple frameworks to use as a foundation for your Theory of Change or know how to create one from scratch if they aren’t appropriate.
- Be able to create a Beneficiary Avatar to support you in developing your Theory of Change.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for anyone who runs an organisation, project or programme, who wants to be able to better understand, articulate and communicate the impact they are having. Participants are often trustees, leaders or other individuals responsible for strategy development, Monitoring and Evaluation or communication.
How it works
This training is delivered through 23 lessons combining instructional videos, examples, case studies, and self-reflection activities. These are all supported by AiA developed frameworks and tools.
Moving beyond learning to application, we provide you with the same planning and facilitation materials we use in our consulting practice, for you to run guided workshops within your own organisation with a step-by-step guide on how to use them.
The duration of the course is self-guided, with suggested pacing. Average time to complete is 4-6 weeks (part time) or 2-3 days intensive (full time). Access to all materials is available for six months from purchase.
Who runs it?
Philippa is the founder of Analytics in Action. She has 10 years experience, specialising in using data to support transformations and facilitate change. Her experience includes:
- Creation of Theory of Change and Impact Measurement frameworks for non-profit organisations.
- Analysis and Evaluation workstream lead on a £1billion transformation programme for the public sector.
- Guiding small and medium sized organisations through challenging times.
Theory of ChangeIndividual course
Theory of Change
Theory of Change and Impact Measurement2 course Bundle
Theory of Change
Theory of ChangeConsultancy
Limited spaces available